12 August 2003
Why I will croak at 53
How hostile are you?
Well, you know I can't pass up a test like this. And forty-six A or B answers later:
Cynicism Score: 9
- If your score is 0 to 3, your Cynicism level is very low.
- If your score is 4 to 6, your Cynicism level is probably high enough to be of some concern.
- If your score is 7 or more, your Cynicism level is very high.
Anger Score: 11
- If your score is 0 to 3, your Anger level is very low.
- If your score is 4 to 6, your Anger level is probably high enough to deserve your attention.
- If your score is 7 or higher, your Anger level is very high.
Aggression Score: 9
- If your score is 0 to 3, your Aggression level is very low.
- If your score is 4 to 6, your Aggression level is borderline, and you may want to consider ways to reduce it.
- If your score is 7 or more, you probably need to take serious steps to reduce your Aggression level.
Total Hostility Score: 29
If your Total Hostility score is 10 or less, some research suggests that your hostility level is below the range where it is likely to place you at risk of developing health problems. Any score higher than 10 may place you in the group whose hostility level is high enough to increase your risk of health problems.
From Anger Kills
by: Redford Williams, MD, Virginia Williams, PhD.
Well, the hell with that. :)
(Muchas gracias: Altered Perceptions.) Posted at 10:10 AM to General Disinterest
My cynicism score was inflated by the number of questions where the answers seemed not to be necessarily related to the questions, or where the dichotomy between choices was, in my opinion, utterly false.
That's just your cynicism showing through. :)
suprise, I'm cynical, angry and agressive... not to mention hostile...
geez.. only mother teresa would pass that test.
I'm hoping for 50, never hurts to hope.
I'm thinking a score in the 30's or 40's might have some implications for career choice.
Also, just a note, I love that "fail to disagree" quotation - I have a meeting tomorrow in which there is a not insignificant chance that I will fail to unharness this comment vanishingly.
I started to take the test, but as McGeehee said, so many of the questions were such stupid asinine false dichotomies that I got really $%^&* angry and went looking for info on the author of this infuriatingly moronic questionnaire so that I could give him what-for or threaten his life or maybe just have the satisfaction of punching him two or three times up the side of the head but then I thought, what the hell, most people are just cretins and he's just another one what're you gonna do but pop some more xanax and kick the dog?
I think Moira's healthier and better adjusted than all of us put together.
Either that or she frightens me.
Or maybe that's another false dichotomy. Hmmmm...
Cynicism: 9 - I'm positively shocked!
Anger: 8 - Ludicrous!
Aggression: 4 - I'd like to beat the author's ass!
Total Hostility Score: 21
Greater than 10 - Hey, I'm a winner!